The Land is an original, three act play, concerning the past, current and about to be future ( unless something changes quickly ) Israeli/Palestinian conflict. It looks at the catastrophic mistakes of History that have led to the present cycle of violence, through the eyes of two women (Amirah and Tamara) and their families. The first act begins during the Second Intifada and the final act occurs in Gaza during Operation Cast Lead. As this very human drama unfolds, the audience is taken on an often shocking, emotional and provocative journey that climaxes with a surreal but hopeful ending. The setting of The Land is Jerusalem, but the story is about all of us, struggling to co-exist on this fragile planet.





Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Caveat

Reading over my last post, I thought I should clarify a thing or two. Firstly, the gallery job I was laid off from - or did I quit? Hard to tell in hindsight, but I believe it was a bit of both. My heart was no longer in it. Five days a week doing routine work, is tough for any creative soul, let alone one who is working five nights on top of the days. At a certain point, once the candle has burned down on both ends, one makes a choice. I chose The Land. I'm very grateful for that job however, as it provided me with the means to jumpstart this project. Secondly, lest I sounded on the brink of doom, let me assure you this is not the case. I was immediately hired by a former employer part time (two days) and I freelance for a few publications so money is trickling in, keeping me alive with a roof over my head for the time being! More importantly, I have time for grant writing, fund raising and working on revisions. Hoping the video footage gets cut this week and I can launch my Kickstarter project next. Do not fear, you'll be the first to know! We are counting on you all to dig deep into your pockets and fork up a big $10.00 bill at the very least!

No comments: